Friday, November 2, 2007

The Great Redeemer

1945
Lyrics: Francis Foster
Music: Samuel W. Beazley

How I love the great Redeemer
Who is doing so much for me;
With what joy I tell the story
Of the love that makes men free.
Till my earthly life is ended,
I will send songs above,
Then beside the crystal sea
More and more my soul shall be
Praising Jesus and His love.

He has purchased my redemption,
Rolled my burden of sin away,
And is walking on beside me,
Growing dearer day by day.
That is why I sing His praises,
That is why joy is mine,
That is why forever more
On the everlasting shore
I shall sing of love divine.

Glory be to Him forever!
Endless praises to Christ the Lamb!
He has filled my life with sunshine,
He has made me what I am.
O that ev'ry one would know Him,
O that all would adore!
O that all would trust the love
OF the mighty Friend above
And be His forever more.

Chorus:
He is ev'rything to me, to me,
And ev'rything shall always be;
I will never cease to raise
A song of gladness in His praise;
Here, and in the world above,
My soul shall sing of saving love;
Life and light and joy is He,
The precious Friend who died for me.

1 comment:

Roxane Rosalinda Marek said...

Very beautiful!!! It lifts my spirit. But to the Christian Scientist as I am, he didn't die. He proved the nothingness of evil and of death when he rose from the chamber of his rest on the third day.That is what makes him shine above all prophets and messiah.