Wednesday, November 7, 2007

His Yoke Is Easy

Lyrics: D. S. Warner
Music: B. E. Warren

I've found my Lord and He is mine,
He won me by His love;
I'll serve Him all my years of time,
And dwell with Him above.

No other Lord but Christ I know,
I walk with Him alone;
His streams of love forever flow,
Within my heart, His throne.

He's dearer to my heart than life,
He found me lost in sin;
He calmed the sea of inward strife,
And bid me come to Him.

My flesh recoiled before the cross,
And Satan whispered there,
"Thy gain will not repay the loss,
His yoke is hard to bear."

I've tried the road of sin and found
Its prospects all deceive;
I've proved the Lord and joys abound,
More than I could believe.

Chorus:
His yoke is easy, His burden is light,
I've found it so, I've found it so:
His service is my sweetest delight,
His blessings ever flow.

No comments: